Website Turner Industries
TIG Pipe Combo Welders Job Highlights
|Title||TIG Pipe Combo Welders|
|Location||Metropolis, IL, United States|
Turner Industries provides a single solution in heavy industrial construction, maintenance, turnaround, pipe and module fabrication, equipment, rigging and specialized transportation, and associated specialty services.
The company is searching for a TIG Pipe Combo Welder who will lay out, fit, and weld the fabricated, cast, and forged components to assemble structural forms, such as tanks, pressure vessels, furnace shells, pipe, and building and bridge parts.
- The applicants may be required to have basic education i.e. High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates may be required previous work experience in the related field.
- Bolts, clamps, tack welds parts to secure in position for welding
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together
- May assemble parts by bolting and riveting
- May repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts
- May use cutting torch to cut materials and demo existing assemblies
- May weld pipe such as carbon steel, stainless steel, chrome, etc. By process of arc, heliarc, gas, MIG, TIG, etc.
- May weld pipe, sheet metal, structural steel, brackets, or other materials
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding
- Sets up equipment and welds parts
- Employee may be required to provide the following toolbox, pipe wrenches, crescent wrenches, level, torpedo level, square, tri square, plumb bob, channel locks, hammer, center punch, flat or regular screwdriver, Phillips screwdriver, set of combination wrenches, tape, folding rule, wrap-around, work gloves, striker, cutting goggles, tip cleaner, and rain suit.
- Carrying objects, tools, equipment, etc.
- Climbing ladders, scaffolds, structures, etc. above and below ground level
- Coordinating the movements of eyes, hands, and fingers to operate tools and equipment
- Hearing with or without correction
- Lifting 30 to 50 pounds from ground level, waist level, and/or overhead
- Maintaining balance on ladders, scaffolds structures, etc.
- Reaching in all directions, handling and manipulating objects and materials
- Seeing with or without correction
- Standing, sitting, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, crouching/squatting, crawling
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
- Must have proof of COVID vaccination
- Must be able to pass the following on-site weld tests-
2′ XH carbon ER70s-2 GTAW/7018 SMAW
2′ XH carbon Inconel 82 GTAW
½’ ER70S-2 GTAW
½’ Inconel 82 GTAW
6′ sch40 6010/7018
Turner Industries is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.
To apply for this job please visit turnerindustries.applicantpro.com.