Website Eastern Shipbuilding Group
TIG Pipewelder 1/C Job Highlights
|Title||TIG Pipewelder 1/C|
|Location||Panama City, FL, United States|
|Company||Eastern Shipbuilding Group|
Eastern Shipbuilding Group (ESG) is a leading innovator in marine construction and repair. The company builds world-class vessels for national defense and commercial clients, including the USCG’s Heritage Class Offshore Patrol Cutters.
The company is recruiting a TIG Pipewelder 1/C who will plan, layout, weld, install, test and repair all types of pipe and similar tubular products in accordance with plans, specifications, codes, and industry standards.
Work with other crafts as instructed by supervision.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must pass SMAW 6G Pipe Test to become ABS Certified.
- Possess 3 to 5 years of pipe welding experience (desired)
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Requires working knowledge of equipment, work processes, and techniques used in measuring fitting, and welding steel.
- Requires x-ray pipe welding experience with the ability to weld pipe in all positions and mirror weld.
- Requires knowledge of welding symbols, ship terminology, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and American Bureau of Shipbuilding (ABS) standards.
- Complete welds to the specified standards using appropriate equipment and materials.
- Comply with Company, federal, state, and local safety, ethics, and environmental rules, regulations, and policies while performing duties.
- Install and verify operation of high-pressure steel pipes and fittings.
- Produce high-quality welds, including water-tight penetrations with a variety of materials including weld steel, stainless, and aluminum.
- Regular attendance at work and the ability to work flexible hours, including overtime, weekends, and holidays.
- Repair and replace any damaged pipe; fabricate and install metal fittings; install supports, valves, and other control equipment; bolt, clamp, or weld parts to secure in position for welding.
- Review layouts, blueprints, diagrams, or work orders in preparation for welding or cutting metal components.
- Set up equipment and weld parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc, or gas welding equipment.
- Test installed piping systems and install other related items in accordance with the applicable plans and specifications.
- Troubleshoot equipment.
- Use appropriate hand and power tools to properly measure, cut, assemble, weld, and install all types of pipe or similar tubular products.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and comprehend written, verbal, or diagram forms or plans.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors and employees.
- Knowledge of the safe operation and use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure.
- Ability to read a tape measure.
- Integrity, ethics, flexibility/adaptability, initiative, interpersonal skills, attention to detail, safety-conscious, and multi-tasking.
- Maintain the confidential integrity of details pertaining to Eastern Shipbuilding Group.
- Regularly required to communicate
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing throughout the workday
- Must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear all required personal protective equipment, as prescribed under Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards
- Must be able to work above ground at heights of a minimum of 50 feet aloft or working from scaffolding or man-lifts while working with machinery; in confined spaces and withstand extreme heat and cold in an outside climate or confined space
- The employee may be exposed to the risk of electrical shock, moving mechanical parts, vibration, fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, continual loud noise, and other hazards found in a heavy industrial shipyard environment.
- Rigorous compliance with safety procedures, policies, and personal safety equipment requirements is therefore mandatory.
- The company offers competitive wages, bonuses, and full benefits including a 401(k)-retirement plan, to help our employees save for retirement and enjoy a lifelong career.
Eastern Shipbuilding Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit easternshipbuilding.hua.hrsmart.com.