Website Exotic Metals Forming (Parker Aerospace)
TIG Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Airway Heights, WA, United States|
|Company||Exotic Metals Forming (Parker Aerospace)|
Exotic Metals Forming (a division of Parker Aerospace) is a leader in state-of-the-art, high-temperature, high-strength sheet metal designs and fabrications for the aerospace industry.
The company is looking for a TIG Welder who will apply advanced welding processes to join sheet metal aircraft components as specified by written instructions, weld schedules, and drawings.
Visually and dimensionally inspects completed work for conformance to verbal/written instruction and specifications.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- Hold Welder Operator Certification.
- The candidates should have previous TIG welding work experience in the related area.
- Completes advanced welding tasks while applying standard practices.
- Develops new jobs.
- Hold most of the Exotic Metals weld qualification.
- Improves processes and tools.
- Interprets and follows written instructions, sketches, weld schedules, drawings, and documents.
- Masters most fitting of assemblies.
- May oversee others.
- Meets or exceeds operations standards for efficiency.
- Performs all work in accordance with established standards and safety procedures.
- Properly prepares weld surfaces.
- Provides some input on tool design.
- Regularly evaluates his/her own product quality for continuous improvement.
- Repairs parts.
- Resolves most challenges and problems, referring the most complex to higher levels.
- Successfully complete the Exotic Metals TIG weld training program and/or have equivalent experience.
- Trains others in multiple areas and on a variety of skills.
- Understands when Q/E or Engineering needs to be called in for product or process evaluation.
- Can move to various work areas easily with experience.
- Capable of gaining certifications easily and can quickly apply them to production.
- Few limitations but knows what they are and stops and finds appropriate interpretation when necessary.
- Fully proficient in interpreting router operations, sketches, blueprints, and specifications, including views, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), symbols, and revision control.
- Must be able to use mathematics relevant to welding functions.
- Requires familiarity with machine tools, precision instruments, and good manual dexterity.
- Requires good manual dexterity.
- Use of protective clothing, goggles, helmets with protective lenses, and other equipment to prevent burns and eye injuries.
- The welder performs physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and frequent movement of the whole body, such as climbing, lifting up to 50 pounds, balancing, and handling of material.
Exotic Metals Forming (a division of Parker Aerospace) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company encourages qualified Preferred Veterans, women, minorities, and people with disabilities to apply. It evaluates all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit exoticmetals-openhire.silkroad.com.