Website Williams International
TIG Welder Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||Pontiac, MI, United States|
Williams International is a privately-owned company that develops and manufactures jet engines for both military and commercial aircraft applications. It is a company of creators who deliver pioneering ideas and technologies that lead the aerospace industry.
The company is looking for a TIG Welder who will be responsible for welding activities within the cell as well as the continuous movement of materials throughout the cell.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 6 months of experience with MIG/TIG welding
- Experience with aerospace materials such as SST, Inconel, Hast X, aluminum, etc. is desirable.
- Must be experienced with a variety of standard and dedicated gauging approaches.
- Adhere to all safety standards and regulations.
- Clean, organize and maintain cellular manufacturing work area in accordance with established standards.
- Communicate change of shift requirements to ensure team members receive accurate and reliable information and documentation.
- Ensure the continuous flow of materials and parts through the Cell.
- Maintain accurate and reliable documentation.
- Maintain proper identification of parts per planning specifications and ensure that accurate and reliable records and documentation are maintained.
- Manufacture parts according to engineering standards and specifications.
- Perform inspection and/or testing-related activities to ensure that parts are welded in accordance with manufacturing standards and blueprint specifications. Visually inspects parts to ensure they are free of burrs or damaged surfaces.
- Perform routine maintenance of machines and equipment operated.
- Remove burrs, sharp edges, tool marks, and other irregularities from machined parts to ensure they are in accordance with engineering blueprints, and tolerance requirements.
- Set-up and operation of TIG Welding, Tack Welding, or Automatic Welding equipment.
- Strive to accomplish team goals and enhance the quality of parts through the reduction of scrap and improvement of throughput.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve unique job requests
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints. Solid fundamentals in GD&T and weld symbol interpretation.
- Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. from floor to waist (Note – must use a lift assist or assistance from other individuals (s) when lifting in excess of 50 lbs.)
- Must be capable of pushing or pulling a weight of 60 lbs.
- Must have a grip strength of at least 50 lbs.
- The position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance if needed.
- Candidates selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- U.S. citizenship is required
Williams International is committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, and protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.