TIG Welder (C103) Job Highlights
|Title||TIG Welder (C103)|
|Location||Hawthorne, CA, United States|
SpaceX manufactures, designs, and launches the world’s most advanced rockets and spacecraft. It aims to revolutionize space transportation, with the ultimate goal of making life multi-planetary. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The company is looking for a TIG Welder to join its team actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- The aspiring candidates should have a High School Diploma or Equivalency Certificate.
- The candidates should have 3+ years of experience with TIG welding
- Operate forklifts, cranes, and heavy equipment
- Perform blending, filing, and shearing of sheet metal piece parts
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Perform work according to procedures, specifications, and test instructions
- Read and interpret technical drawings, and follow detailed work instructions
- Use precision calibrated tools – torque wrenches, micrometers, and calipers
- Use various mechanical tools without instruction
- Weld, assemble, and fabricate various fluid systems and various sub-assembly components
- 5+ years of experience in welding with one or more of the following materials: stainless steel, carbon steel, Inconel, aluminum, or titanium
- AWS D17.1 and D1.2 certification
- Experience with aerospace TIG welding
- Experience with overhead cranes and forklifts
- Highly proficient in tube (small and large diameter up to 6”) cutting grinding and fabrication
- Knowledge and experience completing welds that pass visual before being X-rayed or dye penned
- Proficient in blueprint reading and layout
- Able to lift a min. of 25 lbs. unassisted
- Able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours minimum
- Able to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and/or weekends as needed. Estimated start times: 1st shift (5 am), 2nd shift (3 pm)
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company’s employment policy is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.