Website Selmet (a CPP Company)
TIG Welder I (Aerospace Parts) Job Highlights
|Title||TIG Welder I – Aerospace Parts|
|Type||Full Time (Swing Shift)|
|Location||Albany, OR, United States|
|Company||Selmet (CPP Company)|
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products.
Selmet (a CPP Company) is a worldwide leader in the manufacturing of titanium castings and machined parts for the aerospace industry.
The company is searching for a Welder I (TIG) who will weld in a chamber under an argon atmosphere on titanium castings for the aerospace industry.
- The candidates should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent GED (required), but candidates not meeting this requirement who possesses relevant experience will be considered.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- The candidates should have 1 to 2 years of prior TIG welding experience (preferred) or Completion of a formal vocation program
- Solid job history including more than 1 year at a previous or recent employer.
- Titanium TIG welding in the chamber to repair castings, following all applicable procedures.
- Using tools such as calipers, profile templates, etc., to accurately repair castings.
- Working with your team on rework plans to make castings conform to specifications.
- Using a grinder to shape tungsten.
- Load and unload castings from the chamber.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to read, understand, and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Able to understand measurements; read and use measurement tools correctly.
- Able to use small, fine tools.
- Able to work as a team player and be self-motivated.
- Good attendance record (required)
- Must have basic high-school-level math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must pass an annual eye exam.
- Must pass welding test within 4-6 weeks of being in position.
- Requires continuous mental and/or visual attention to detail.
- The job is performed under reasonably good working conditions with some exposure to noise, temperature, and machinery.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Requires ability to bend, lift, push, and pull (to place castings in and out of the tank) with or without reasonable accommodations.
- The company offers the benefits such as quarterly bonuses, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company-paid life insurance, and other great benefits.
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or another legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit theapplicantmanager.com.