Website Precision Castparts Corporation
Titanium Aerospace Welder Job Highlights
|Title||Titanium Aerospace Welder|
|Location||Redmond, OR, United States|
|Company||Precision Castparts Corporation|
Precision Castparts is a market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures, and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. The company also produces airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market.
The company is searching for a Titanium Aerospace Welder who will perform the welding of castings per work instructions, utilizing TIG (Tungsten Inert Gas) in a weld chamber.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Previous TIG welding experience with titanium, stainless steel, or aluminum preferred.
- Ensure a consistent flow and prioritization of products throughout the department.
- Perform salvage weld repair of all unacceptable defects in castings.
- Perform weld repairs that meet NDT (Non-Destructive Testing) quality levels.
- Perform welding of castings in a weld chamber per work instructions.
- Safely operate all equipment and tools.
- Adhere to safety rules and report safety problems.
- Welder must distinguish between and weld with various alloys of titanium as specified on a router.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to pass a visual examination.
- Ability to read and interpret work instructions.
- Ability to sit at a welding station for long periods of time.
- Ability to weld-build to specific dimensional requirements.
- Ability to work varying shifts and overtime as needed.
- Possess a general knowledge of TIG (Tungsten Inert Gas) welding procedures.
- Possess a general knowledge of the post-cast operation of the plant.
- Satisfactorily perform and pass an in-house welding test.
- Must be able to read work instructions, communicate with coworkers, stand, and sit for extended periods of time, lift up to 35 lbs. and push/pull up to 75 lbs., manually manipulate castings within weld chamber, must be able to wear and work with weld gloves for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work in conditions that may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, and varying temperatures.
- Advancement Opportunities
- Competitive Starting Pay and Amazing Bonus Program
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Regular Performance Reviews
Precision Castparts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit pcctalentacquisitionportal.tal.net.