Tool and Die Maker Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (3rd shift)|
|Location||Ligonier, IN, United States|
Tenneco is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is hiring a Tool and Die Maker who will build and repair tooling/ machine components, fixtures, dies, and gauges per specifications and tolerances to support production in meeting quantity and quality standards and operate safely.
To repair, regrind, and sharpen tooling required in production operations of exhaust pipe components.
- High School Diploma or GED, must possess training, and experience and be able to demonstrate Tool and Die Machinist skills and sufficient ability to read, write, and communicate to understand work orders and technical documentation and complete paperwork.
- 2-year Associate Degree in Tool and Die/Machinist trade or equivalent in machine shop experience
- Possess work-related experience (a plus)
- Perform his/her job within acceptable safety, environmental, quality, productivity, and performance standards as outlined in plant policies, handbooks, and applicable work instructions.
- Handle all materials and tools to repair and build tooling/machine components, fixtures, dies, and gauges per specifications.
- Handle materials and tools and apply appropriate processes to maintain proper performance of tooling on all machines to ensure meeting production and quality standards and safe operations.
- Overtime as required/requested.
- Use Lean principles, Quick Change Technology, Total Productive Maintenance, Cell Design, and 5S as a tool to help our plant run more efficiently.
- Work independently but respond quickly to requests and perform effectively in a team environment.
- Assist Engineers and set up with troubleshooting and correcting machining and tooling problems.
- Assist Engineers in the design and modification of tools, fixtures, and die sets for the improvement of machine efficiency and safety.
- Assist Manufacturing Supervisors to troubleshoot problems and take corrective action.
- Build new tooling/machine components, fixtures, dies, and gauges per blueprint specifications and with the capability of performing the task within designated tolerances, quality, and production requirements.
- Design and build fixtures or jigs to become more efficient in grinding and repairing tools.
- Repair tooling and machine components, fixtures, dies and gauges to maintain tolerances and capability standards to ensure safe operation
- Repair, regrind, and sharpen tooling required to ensure machines are producing parts that meet production and quality standards and operating safely.
- Respond quickly, identify needs, and work efficiently to reduce downtime on production lines.
- Ability to accurately use and read Precision Equipment such as Calipers, Indicators, Micrometers, etc.
- Ability to maintain required tolerances and sharpen tooling correctly
- Ability to pass Tool and Die Tests
- Ability to read, write, and understand work orders, technical documentation and diagrams, directions, and safety regulations
- Ability to set up and operate machine shop tools, Lathes, Mills, Grinders, and CNC-controlled equipment accurately and safely
- Ability to troubleshoot machining and tooling problems and take corrective action
- Ability to work on own without direct Supervision and perform effectively in a team environment
- Basic comprehension of Setup techniques of machine tools
- Blueprint reading skills
- Excellent math skills (Trigonometry)
- Excellent Mechanical Aptitude
- Flexibility to respond quickly to problems and requests by Supervisors, Engineers, etc.
- Knowledge of and ability to work with different types of metals and identify which process to use to obtain maximum performance
- Mig, Tig, and Stick Welding knowledge
Equipment/Tools to Use
- Mig, Tig, and Stick Welder
- Tool Room: Horizontal lathes, Vertical Mills, Surface Grinders, Hand Grinders, Belt Sanders
- Fast-paced work environment
- Grinding dust/metal chips
- Toolroom and manufacturing plant floor
- Varying temperatures (cold to hot)
- Ability to grasp and hold small tools/instruments
- Ability to lift up to 50-100 lbs.
- Extensive standing, bending, reaching, kneeling, twisting arm, and hand motion
- Good visual Ability
- Manual Dexterity
- 401(k) Company Match
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance (Supplemental and AD&D)
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Time Off – up to 2 weeks in 1st year
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.