Tool and Die Maker Job Highlights
|Location||South Bend, IN, United States|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably.
Eaton’s Vehicle Group is currently seeking a Tool and Die Maker who will be responsible for the manufacture and repair of precision tools, forging dies, and gauges that are used in the shaping of metal for forging and stamping operations.
These professionals have a variety of duties, including reading sketches, blueprints, and CAD specifications, setting up and operating a wide range of CNC and manual machines and tools, computing sizes and dimensions of tools and dies, and testing completed products.
- The applicants must have a High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- The candidates must have 2 years of machining experience.
- Must have 1-year TIG/MIG welding experience; resurface and structural
- Assist Manufacturing Operators and Quality Technicians in diagnosing and troubleshooting problems in the forging production process
- Conduct machining of high tolerance (+/- .0002) forging dies and associated component parts in a fast pace, highly productive manner to ensure we meet the on-time delivery needs of our plant while keeping safety and quality first.
- Perform Hard Face weldments and machining to repair worn or damaged tooling and equipment components
- Select the appropriate metals and materials to be used based on properties, ensuring they meet project specifications
- Utilize hand and machine tools to assemble parts of tools and dies and to repair and modify gauges, fixtures, and dies
- Utilize sketches, blueprints, specifications, and models to plan operations for the fabrication of dies, tools, and assemblies, ensuring safety and maximum efficiency
- Verify dimensions of finished parts to ensure they conform to specifications using dial indicators, gauge blocks, calipers, and micrometers
- Completion of apprenticeship program or trade school diploma program
- Minimum of two (2) years Tool and Die experience in a forging manufacturing environment
- Minimum of two (2) years utilizing inspection equipment and gauging in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum one-year experience CAD
- Ability to read and interpret machining blueprints, process sheets, and/or work instructions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- N.C. experience, ability to read and understand M&G code programming
- Must own basic machinist tools
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance.
- Donation matching (U.S. Canada, Puerto Rico).
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites).
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs.
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs.
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development.
Note: These programs are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area (within 50 miles) of South Bend, IN will be considered for this position.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.