Tool and Die Specialist Job Highlights
|Title||Tool and Die Specialist – Gigafactory NV|
|Location||Sparks, NV, United States|
Tesla works on the mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy through increasingly affordable electric vehicles in addition to renewable energy generation and storage.
The company is seeking a Tool and Die Specialist who will be responsible for supporting the procurement of new and replacement Injection molding tools and stamping dies, trial runs of new molds/dies, cleaning, maintenance, and repair of all Tesla’s molds and dies.
The candidate should be well versed in the operation of basic tool room equipment. Additionally, desired specialized skill sets include: Laser Micro welding, TIG/MIG welding; Basic proficiency in the following software a big plus: Solidworks, Catia, and Surfcam software.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 2+ years of experience maintaining injection molding tools, or stamping dies, or high-pressure die-casting equipment.
- Assist the Tool/Die Supervisor in developing PMs and procedures for maintaining all of the equipment in the shop.
- Complete other duties as assigned/support cross-functional teams.
- Day-to-day coverage/support of production molds/dies: respond to alarms, breakdowns, and production requests quickly and efficiently to minimize downtime.
- Design, fabricate, implement, and fully document Tool/Die improvements and modifications.
- Implement and modify PM documents, schedules, and activities under the direction of the Tool/Die Supervisor.
- Manage Tool/Die consumables, and spare part inventory.
- Perform major repairs and rebuilds
- Plan and organize between shift and weekend work, including verification, for smooth operations.
- Provide effective direction, coaching, and training to fellow employees on shift to boost their skill sets, and help production achieve their goals.
- Provide Troubleshooting of electrical/mechanical systems and connections between Tool/Die and the machines.
- Experience creating and maintaining a positive atmosphere in a collaborative work team.
- Experience in hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical is highly desired.
- Good overall computer skills, including Microsoft Office and e-mail programs.
- Must have expertise in one trade, proficiency in others, and the willingness to learn additional.
- Overtime as needed
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts
- Company-paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- Vision and dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.tesla.com.