Website Magna International
Tool and Die Technician (Press) Job Highlights
|Tool and Die Technician (Press)
|Full Time (2nd/3rd shift)
|Bowling Green, KY, United States
Magna International is one of the world’s largest automotive suppliers and is dedicated to delivering mobility solutions. The company’s competitive capabilities include body exteriors and structures, power and vision technologies, seating systems, and complete vehicle solutions.
Cosma provides global customers with a comprehensive range of body, chassis, and engineering solutions.
The company is looking for a Tool and Die Technician (Press) who will be required to maintain a safe and healthful workplace and maintain tooling to produce quality products.
Also responsible for assisting with continuous improvement of tooling, housekeeping, helping to make informed decisions, and having tooling ready for production runs.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Journeyman Certification (a plus)
- Possess work-related experience (a plus)
- Assist in determining spare parts requirements
- Be able to identify tool stacks and how to heat-treat
- Efficiently perform Lockout/Tagout Procedures
- Ensure quality products and know quality procedures
- Establish and maintain communication with other team members and support departments
- Follow all plant safety policies and procedures
- Follows and supports Magna’s operating principles.
- Know and understand Bowling Green Metalforming Quality and Environmental policies.
- Maintain accurate documentation
- Perform troubleshooting tooling (in or out of the presses)
- Recommend modifications to existing equipment
- Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of die parts on tooling using abrasive stones, filers, emery clothes, or power grinders. Spot dies into proper run conditions.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of die work/operations
- Sound understanding and knowledge of Press and Assembly Operations and Quality procedures
- Sound understanding and machine knowledge, able to run all tool room equipment including measuring instruments
- Support continuous improvement and lean manufacturing processes
- Tig and Mig welding and hand working parts of dies (heat treat of materials)
- Train operators and new team members
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearance of finished parts.
- Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of assemblies, based on specifications.
- Work on blueprints, CAD data, sketches, and verbal instructions
- Perform other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education preferred in tool and die, or related minimum of 2 years of experience in tool and die capacity
- General knowledge of troubleshooting, materials and methods, machines and tools, and practical application of tooling
- Basic knowledge of automation
- Computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel (preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years of on-the-job training with heavy industrial manufacturing experience in skilled trade capacity
- Must be able to provide own tools
- Must have basic knowledge of drafting (blueprint reading, dimension drawings, etc.)
- 401k matching
- Dental Insurance
- Employee appreciation events
- Employee profit sharing
- Medical Insurance
- On-site cafeterias
- Paid vacation
- Shift Premium
Magna International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company hires based on qualifications, regardless of particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.magna.com.