Website Morgan Truck Body
Tool and Die Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Tool and Die Technician|
|Location||Morgantown, PA, United States|
|Company||Morgan Truck Body|
Morgan Truck Body (Morgan Corporation) is the premier producer of truck bodies and van bodies. The company specializes in the manufacture of dry freight van bodies, custom cargo truck bodies, refrigerated truck bodies, and stake/platform bodies.
The company is looking for a Tool and Die Technician to join its team.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have prior experience welding or equivalent schooling.
- Assist with on-the-job training of team members.
- Experience in the use of all types of machine tools.
- Fully understand quality policies and have minimum or zero defects per unit.
- Perform duties in making and installing complicated fixtures
- Perform tasks within allotted RE time.
- Properly and safely operate required tools both power/non-power.
- Provide design input in the creation of the fixtures
- Set up and operate Lathe and Milling machines.
- Team member actively participates and supports PPS, 5S, and TPM.
- Understand and comprehend measurements and have the ability to apply based on the instruction.
- Work and adhere to all safety policies within the work area and throughout the company.
- Work required schedule, including overtime, and be able/willing to travel to different plants when required
- Work with little or no supervision.
- Perform other duties as required by management.
- Possess knowledge of electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Possess Morgan product/process knowledge
- Willingness to travel on occasion
- Must be able to build: fixtures, special reamers, taps, cutting tools, split chucks, cams, and milling fixtures
- Must be able to calculate angles accurately.
- Must be able to lift and carry material of at least 30 – 50 lbs.
- Must be able to read and or interpret work orders and apply them to the task at hand.
- Must be able to read and use a tape measure, micrometers, calipers, depth gauges, and similar precision measuring instruments.
- Must be able to read complex blueprints
- Must be able to set up welding equipment including auto welder.
- Must be available to travel from time to time to support equipment install
- Must pass Morgan Corporation weld testing: stainless steel, flux core, aluminum, galvanized and must be able to do flame/torch-cutting
- Frequently required to stand (sometimes for extended periods); walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms, and lift up to 35 pounds.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- The team member is expected to perform repetitive tasks using their hands, and have the ability to climb ladders and/or work in high places.
- The team member may, at times, sit, bend, stoop; squat, reach overhead or crawl (may be in confined spaces)
- Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Valid Driver’s license
Morgan Truck Body is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority, Female, Veteran, and Disabled.
To apply for this job please visit careers.jbpoindexter.com.