Website Howmet Aerospace
Tool Control Helper Job Highlights
|Title||Tool Control Helper|
|Location||Fontana, CA, United States|
Howmet Aerospace provides advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company’s primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems, titanium structural parts necessary for mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and defense applications, and forged wheels for commercial transportation.
The company is seeking a Tooling Helper who will provide support to the Forge Shop production needs, dimensionally inspect and organize tools to include General housekeeping. Will supply tools to the Forge Shop.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 1-year related experience or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Follow tooling work instructions and dimensionally inspects tools to FMI DWG Specs.
- Include the operation of Hand Grinders, Furnace operation loading/unloading, moving parts with Manipulators/Forklifts or hand pick-ups, use of airless Sprayer, knowledge of Alloys, the use of an overhead crane, marking and identification on parts, forklift operator, and propane filling.
- Interacts daily with the team leader or management to schedule the daily Forge Shop Production Schedule
- Maintains a safe and organized workstation and follows all company policy, safety and procedures.
- Must have an understanding and knowledge of company procedures and work instructions.
- Refurbishment of tools by grinding or taking tools to Welders for build-up Machining.
- Responsible for grinding tools as required based on the type of application.
- Responsible for maintaining general tool number identification on tools
- Responsible for performing Harness test on tools as required.
- Responsible for selecting the required grinding wheels for the Grinding process.
- Supplies and removes tools to the Machine Repair Shop.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to operate a forklift or other powered industrial equipment
- Regularly required to stand, walk quickly, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear in a load and hot environment.
- Frequently is required to stoop, kneel, or crouch, and climb onto equipment.
- Occasionally required to sit.
- Frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Howmet Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit emhl.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.