Website GMT Corporation
Tool/Cutter Grinder Job Highlights
|Function||Design, Art, IT|
|Location||Waverly, IA, United States|
GMT Corporation is the right combination of expertise, equipment, manpower and can take any manufacturing challenges. It specializes in production welding, fabrication, CNC machining, and large part CNC machining.
The company is looking for a candidate who can be responsible for sharpening tools and cutters to meet production requirements by performing prescribed measures.
The prospective applicants should have passed a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or Equivalent qualification from a welding school.
- The candidates should have 1-3+ years of experience and/or an equivalent combination of education (welding programs) and experience.
- Sets up fixtures to hold tools that require sharpening.
- Support tool crib personnel, engineering, and production machining as needed.
- Determines correct angles for sharpening many types of metal removal tools and cutters.
- Help manage tooling inventories including regrind inventories that support CNC production machining.
- Sets up and operates various tool room machines such as drill grinders, cutter grinders, and surface grinders as needed.
- Verifies that tools and cutters are sharpened to the angles required for proper functionality.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complete data.
- Problem Solving/Strategic Thinking – Analyzes specific safety, tooling processes, or quality problems for the purpose of identifying the root cause(s) of the problem and assist with the development of recommendations for short and long-term resolution.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; set goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
- Leadership Skills – Serves as a role model and represents GMT Corporation inside and outside the Company to promote GMT’s values and build up strong community relationships.
- Communication Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, tool prints, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Computer Skills – Job requires knowledge and understanding of the Company’s Syteline MRS and EAM Software. It requires knowledge and understanding of Guhring Tool Dispensing Systems and Software. Further, it requires knowledge and understanding of the Company’s ShopVue Labor reporting system.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use precision measuring equipment working with tooling, gauges, and fixtures.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit (at the desk) and bend at the waist.
Note: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
GMT Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit gmtcorporation.hireclick.com.