Website Hubbell Incorporated
Tool & Die Maker Job Highlights
|Title||Tool & Die Maker|
|Location||Winsted, CT, United States|
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of residential and non-residential construction, industrial, and utility applications.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. HPS is engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes and has been actively growing that segment of the business.
The company is seeking a Tool and Die Maker who will set up and operate all machine tools in the tool room including but not limited to Ram’s Wire’s and CNC machining centers.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma
- Candidates with previous work experience will be a plus.
- Ability to operate overhead hoists and cranes
- Ability to use measuring tools
- Capable and qualified to operate conventional mills, grinders, and lathes.
- Create, edit and interpret CAD generated programs
- Oversee to completion the repair of new fabrication of tooling, such as but not limited to permanent molds and forging dies
- Produce tooling components and any other parts normally produced in the tool room through verbal instruction, drawings, sketches, and machine programs.
- Program EDM machines with or without the use of CAD terminal
- Schedule workflow through the ram or wire machines as required
- Verify new machine programs to ensure parts are made to detailed engineering specifications
- Will be required to train others in the department on knowledge
- Work to tolerances of +/-.0005
- Other assignments as requested by Supervisor
- Ability to stand, sit, stoop, bend, reach above shoulders up to 25% of the time
- Perform repetitive tasks
- Possess manual dexterity to put parts or pieces together accurately
- Regular good attendance is an essential function of the job
- Regularly lift up to 35 pounds
- Understanding MSDS and handling of hazardous materials
- Work alone or in a team environment
Hubbell Incorporated (its subsidiaries and affiliates) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hubbell.com.