Tool & Die Maker Job Highlights
|Title||Tool & Die Maker|
|Location||Morristown, TN, United States|
Meritor is a leading global supplier of drivetrain, mobility, braking, aftermarket, and electric powertrain solutions for commercial vehicle and industrial markets. The company serves commercial truck, trailer, off-highway, defense, and specialty and aftermarket customers around the world.
The company is looking for a Tool & Die Maker who will be familiar with every aspect of the Tool & Die Practices including but not limited to the use of saws, lathes, mills, grinders, and both manual and CNC.
The individual must be willing to fill any vacant position in the department as well as show improvement in Morristown’s primary focus of Safety, Quality, 5S, Quality, and other performance-driven systems.
- The applicants should possess a High School Diploma or GED, Machinist 1, and Tool & Die certification or Journeyman Card.
- The candidates must have at least 8 years of experience or more in the machining field.
- The incumbent must give priority to safety around the workplace and be willing and able to follow safety standards.
- This position reports to the Tool & Die Team Lead.
- Adhere and show the proficiency of all duties related to the position of Tool & Die Maker
- Be willing and able to train others in the department to the correct procedures of the machine or process operations.
- Involvement with Morristown Meritor’s Continuous Improvement program offering assistance in improvements generated through the application of ideas and the creation of fixtures or devices as it relates to Continuous Improvement.
- Involvement with Morristown Meritor’s production department along with other departments offering assistance in improvements generated through the application of ideas and the creation of fixtures or devices as it relates to Productivity this may also include but is not limited to machine/cell installations.
- Involvement with Morristown Meritor’s Quality program offering assistance in improvements generated through the application of ideas and the creation of fixtures or devices such as PokaYoke, GoNoGo, and other related Quality fixtures.
- Involvement with Morristown Meritor’s safety program offering assistance in improvements generated through the application of ideas and the creation of fixtures or devices as it relates to Safety.
- Work with outside service providers and contractors and be knowledgeable of the practices that ensure a safe working environment.
- Must have advanced knowledge in tool and die practices and have knowledge of forging and metal machining equipment.
- Additional knowledge in the safe operation of Saws, Milling machines, Drilling/Tapping, Grinding Broaching, CNC lathes, Welding, Die Polishing, Die Assembly, and also Fixturing and Rigging.
- Other skills may be required as new machines and practices are introduced.
Meritor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit meritor.jobs.net.