Tool Maker C-75506 Job Highlights
|Title||Tool Maker C-75506|
|Type||Full Time (variable shift)|
|Location||Renton, WA, United States|
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services.
The company is searching for a Tool Maker C who will construct, repair and maintain tooling fabricated from all types of material including jigs, fixtures, templates, plastic tools, and others that are used in the manufacture, assembly, and handling of airplane parts and components.
- Applicants should be High School Graduates or GED (preferred)
- Possess work-related experience
- Climbing stairs and working from ladders/lifts as required
- Coordinate, communicate, and work with customers, suppliers, and associates regarding job tasks including shift-to-shift written/verbal tie-ins, documenting and maintaining adequate records
- Ensure tools and parts meet engineering requirements, specifications, and tolerances for dimension, shape, contour, location, and coordination
- Exposure to aluminum, titanium, magnesium, steel, exotic alloys, plastics, tungsten carbide, cobalt, sawdust, composites, milled fiber, fiberglass, and other airborne contaminants
- Exposure to noise and moving parts
- Exposure to solvents, resins, lubricants, cutting coolants, and fluids
- Frequent walking, reaching, handling, grasping, and turning/twisting
- Identify and select appropriate equipment, tools, and materials used in the fabrication, maintenance, and rework of tools
- Occasional use of low impacts tools, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and squatting
- Plan, sequence, and layout own work operations in the fabrication, assembly, repair, rework, routine, and maintenance of all tool types and materials, including prototype or automated tool control systems
- Processes include: cutting, grinding, spotting, hand finish, shaping, bending, deburring, drilling, model layout, reaming, tapping, wiring, lay-up, plumbing, pneumatics, and weld preparation using documented processes and procedures
- Provide Tooling support to manufacturing as required, including Production Assist, Tooling Assist, and Ship Side support
- Report discrepancies in design or fabrication and initiate corrections as required
- Requires lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 35 lbs.
- Use all types of power and non-power equipment, both hand-held and floor mounted to accomplish work assignments or operations
- Use and interpret tool and engineering drawings, blueprints, sketches, production parts, computing systems, and verbal or written instructions to accomplish the assignment
- Use any and all required precision measuring instruments and methods necessary to complete and check your own work assignment
- Use eye, hearing, foot, hand, respirator, and other personal protective equipment as required
- Utilize or interpret 3D measurement and analysis systems and software; such as Laser Trackers, Photogrammetry, Laser Radar, etc., and conventional optics
- Experience in any of the following hand-operated and floor-mounted power tools: grinders, cut-off tools, disc sanders, drill motors, band saw, drill press, punching machines
- Experience reading and interpreting assembly instructions or drawings
- Experience using hand-operated power tools
- Experience working with MS Office Suite
- Must be capable of working any shift
- This position requires all current Boeing employees working in Washington and Oregon to apply via an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) in order to be considered.
- The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- The company provides an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All the decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.