Tooling Manager Job Highlights
|Location||Lincoln, IL, United States|
Eaton is a power management company that provides energy-efficient products and services. It helps customers to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power.
The company is looking for a Tooling Manager who will direct the repair and maintenance of existing tools, and fixtures.
Develops and implements procedures to reduce downtime, preventive, and predictive maintenance, determine staffing needs and meet ISO requirements.
- Applicants require a High School Diploma and Technical Education. Technical education could be gained through the completion of an apprenticeship in a technical training program.
- Possess work-related experience (a plus)
- Assists manufacturing and engineering in method changes to promote cost reductions and productivity improvements. Participates in all tooling-related cost reduction projects, profit planning, and capital appropriation requests.
- Contracts with outside vendors for tool maintenance and outsourcing
- Controls tool repair to minimize costs. Controls durable tooling accounts to provide quality tooling on a timely basis insuring the best utilization of company funds.
- Coordinates tool maintenance and repair with manufacturing departments to maximize production. Develops preventive and predictive schedules for tooling
- Creates and maintains tool records, tool design systems, change-over part records, and spare part records. Furnishes information and blueprints to toolmakers and engineers.
- Designs and builds moderately complex tooling. Maintains drawings, documentation, and updates existing tool designs.
- Develops and controls the budget for all plant tool maintenance, outsourced tool, and tooling departments. Forecasts tool room maintenance plan (personnel, equipment, and space requirements).
- Directs efforts for in-house tool design. Advises and assists with new tool development, cost estimates, and vendor selection. Provides tool cost estimates and completion dates for tooling on a timely basis within budgeted expenditures. Maintains relationships with vendors to assure quality tooling is supplied on schedule.
- Maintains tool crib for tool room. Procures perishable tooling for tool room use, including indexable carbide tooling, wire e.d.m. Supplies, structural and tool steels, and other cutting tools used by the toolmakers.
- Makes recommendations and maintains backup tools for production departments.
- Manages the plant tool and dye apprenticeship program and works with the committee to assess apprentices’ progress. Assures proper training plan and adherence to training requirements.
- Manages tooling departments, assuring efficiency through effective management practices. Supports, communicates, and requires adherence to company policies. Assists in the hiring of tool room personnel, and evaluation alongside curriculum development/training for apprentice trainees. Assists in training tool room personnel and engineers in programming for CNC equipment in the tool room.
- Stays up to date with “state of the art” tooling and equipment.
- Works with engineering and quality assurance to assure product quality.
- Ensures that safe practices are understood and practiced by all direct reports in the carrying out of their duties. Supports and requires adherence to all safety rules and policies.
- Strong knowledge of tool and machine design, equipment and electrical maintenance, spot welding, metallurgy, sheet metal fabrication, and the use of CNC equipment is required.
- Working knowledge of all OSHA and EPA regulations as they apply to the function
- Working knowledge of CAD/CAM programs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft tools
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Relocation Assistance will be provided for candidates that reside outside a 50-mile radius of Lincoln, IL.
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Wellness programs
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.