Tooling Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Berkeley, MO, United States|
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space and security systems, and global services.
The company is looking for a Tooling Mechanic who will encompass all of the duties of the following job classifications: Inspector Metrology, Inspector Tool/Die, Tool/Die Maker, Machinist All Around, Builder Mock-up, and Tooling, Machinist General, Welder Tooling, Heat Treater Tool Room.
The applicants should have completed a Technical Degree (program) from a recognized college/university.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 1 year of tooling fabrication experience
- High School Graduate or GED
- Associate’s Degree
- Aerospace tool fabrication
- Minimum 1 year of experience programming and operating 5-axis machines
- Prefer a minimum of 2 or more years of related work experience
- Preferred related trade school or apprenticeship program completion
- Design, install, operate, and maintain tools and engineering test and production parts and equipment in collaboration with mechanical design, industrial engineering, and production operations.
- Determine methods according to the composition of materials, time and heating medium, shape, size, and thickness; determine the method of placing in high-temperature furnaces and baths to minimize warpage, distortion, and damage.
- Develop, prepare, and maintain all documentation related to design, fabrication, and manufacturing of engineering test and production tooling and equipment and associated calibration test and equipment.
- Heat and shape details of various metals for independent use or for later location on fixtures.
- Operate heat-treating equipment to accomplish processes such as hardening, annealing, normalizing, carburizing, tempering, and casehardening of tools, tool parts, and production parts.
- Partner with design to modify and fabricate tools and parts and build production tooling. Periodically inspect tools for repair.
- Perform all necessary bench and machine operations to build new and replacement parts for precision-built tools and machine parts.
- Repair by heating, brazing, welding, or soldering metal dies, form-blocks, etc., of stainless steel, cast iron, and other various alloys.
- Weld various metals by means of arc, acetylene, heli-arc welding, silver soldering, brazing as shown on drawings, sketches, blueprints, or as required.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Financial Security
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.