Website Linamar Corporation
Tooling Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Fletcher, NC, United States|
Linamar Corporation is a diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products powering vehicles, motion, work, and lives. The company is made up of 2 operating segments i.e. the Transportation segment and the Industrial segment, all are world leaders in the design, development, and production of highly engineered products.
The company is seeking a Tooling Technician who will be responsible for fabricating/repairing tools, gages, and machine components.
Will maintain a safe working environment and report safety problems; support maintenance with machine repair work; support engineering departments in developing and building new tooling; fabricate/modify components for machine improvement; repair molds; build gages, and support the department needs
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Possess an experience in die maintenance (a plus)
- Welding experience (a plus)
- Operate various drills, mills, and lathes as needed
- Thread and Taper Shafts (Metric, Standard, Acme)
- Hold close tolerances (+ or – 4 decimal places)
- Use of Calipers
- Use of Micrometers
- Use of various other industry-related tools and gauges
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and blueprint reading skills. Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products and calculate product dimensions and tolerances
- Blueprint reading is a plus
- CNC coding and machining are a plus
- Knowledge of 5S is a plus
- Knowledge of hand and pneumatic tools a plus
- Knowledge of measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers, and height gauges
- Must have mechanical aptitude
- Positive communication skills required
- Safety – Identify and follow safety protocol per Tooling JHA standard.
- Strict attention to detail
- Troubleshooting skills are a plus
- Community-based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
- Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
- Opportunities for career advancement.
- Social committees and sports teams.
Linamar Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workplace without regard to any basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Linamar Corporation encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will reasonably accommodate applicants throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process upon request.
To apply for this job please visit fa-epmd-saasfaprod1.fa.ocs.oraclecloud.com.