Website Martinrea International
Toolmaker Job Highlights
|Location||North Vernon, IN, United States|
Martinrea International is a diversified global automotive supplier, focused on accelerating innovation in metal forming, aluminum casting, fluid systems, and flexible assemblies to help automakers meet their lightweight requirements. At the same time, it improves a vehicle the overall strength, safety, and fuel efficiency.
The company is seeing a Toolmaker who will be responsible for but not limited to the inspection, installation, repairs, and maintenance of tools, dies, gages, and other parts.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess 2 years of job-related experience or equivalent training
- Job-related Technical Training or equivalent
- Be proactive in permanent corrective actions and monitor completed work for effectiveness
- Blueprint reading
- Build, fabricate, and plumb as required
- Develops and plans layout
- Die repair and maintenance
- Documents completion of work orders according to procedure
- Installs fabricated or purchased fixtures and processing equipment
- Machines, welds, or heat treats parts
- Owns or is willing to purchase personal tools.
- Requisitions or initiates purchase orders for fabrication materials, machine components, and parts
- Sets up and operates metalworking machines including CNC-operated machines.
- Visually inspects completed or in-process work
- All other tooling activities as directed by the department manager
- Strong Mechanical aptitude
Critical Success Factors-
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to problem solve and follow standardized practices and procedures
- Ability to work independently and draw from experience with minimal supervision
- Collaborate and communicate effectively across different organizational levels, functions, and businesses.
- Excellent attendance
- Good English communication capabilities (both written and oral)
- Involves handling or working near industrial chemicals or vapors such as solvents, cleaning agents, and flammable liquids
- Involves operating or working near moving mechanical equipment
- May encounter moderate to loud noise levels created by power tools, production machinery, and heavy traffic
- Predominantly in a factory/machine shop setting
- Adequate vision acuity
- Frequent long hours/weekends possible
- Must use or wear equipment, protective devices, or certain clothing as required by the company
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company Rules, Plant Rules, policies, and procedures
- The company offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term, Flex Spending, Life, Voluntary, and 401k Match.
Martinrea International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit martinrea.prevueaps.com.