Website J.B. Hunt Transport Services
Trailer Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||St. Louis, MO, United States|
|Company||J.B. Hunt Transport Services|
J.B. Hunt Transport specializes in technology-driven freight shipping for large and small businesses. The company is a third-party logistics (3PL) provider and one of the largest transportation logistics companies.
The company is seeking a Trailer Mechanic who will be responsible for performing basic maintenance, service, and repair of J.B. Hunt trailers, containers, chassis, and other equipment.
Technicians must be able to complete all fleet maintenance processes and ensure that units meet J. B. Hunt’s specifications at all times.
This position has the possibility to work outdoors, in the elements, or across multiple shifts including nights and/or weekends in addition to overtime; it requires full-time attendance.
- The prospective applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Age – 18 years old
- The candidates should have 1 year of experience in Semi-Trailer maintenance and repair or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accurately perform basic repairs to company and manufacturer specifications, complete work orders, demonstrate proficiency in company requirements for standard repair times (SRT) and warranty guidelines.
- Always maintain professional communication with JB Hunt personnel and customers.
- Demonstrate foundational knowledge of preventative maintenance, replacement of parts/components, basic repairs as it pertains to trailer maintenance, air brake systems, and FHWA Inspections.
- Understand and effectively follow all shop safety procedures.
- Work independently and seek assistance as needed.
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively.
- Ability to fulfill physical requirements (lift/move appliance up to 50 pounds).
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to read documents and/or information in English.
- Ability to wear appropriate work attire (protective gear/PPE).
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Basic active listening skills.
- Basic computer skills and/or comfortable working with a computer.
- Basic deductive reasoning skills.
- Basic organizational skills.
- Basic time management skills.
- Basic welding skills (MIG and Stick)
- DOT certified in FHWA Inspections and Air Brakes.
- Willingness to work outdoors, in the elements, or across multiple shifts including nights or weekends if needed.
J.B. Hunt Transport is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company will recruit, hire, compensate, offer benefits to, upgrade, train, layoff, terminate, and/or promote individuals without discrimination in regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or other bases by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.jbhunt.com.