Website Dollar General
Trailer Repair Mechanic Job Highlights
|Title||Trailer Repair Mechanic|
|Location||Bessemer, AL, United States|
Dollar General Corporation delivers value to shoppers for saving time and money by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares, and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations.
The company is searching for a Trailer Repair Mechanic who will ensure all trailers and yard tractors are in working order and are compliant with federal standards.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- 3 years of experience working on class 8 trailers
- Experience working with air brake, hydraulic and electrical systems
- Prior welding and fabrication experience preferred
- Tire repair experience (repair, mounting, dismounting) preferred
- Diagnoses problems and repairs all equipment (trailers, yard tractors)
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Maintains repairs for class 8 trailers and yard tractors
- Meets and maintains safety, quality, and productivity standards
- Performs DOT inspections and compliancy
- Performs preventative maintenance
- Ability to work unsupervised, make decisions as needed
- Effective communicator and team player
- Heavy diesel truck and trailer mechanic skills
Work Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Bending, stooping, squatting, or kneeling on a repetitious basis
- Conducts some repairs in odd positions and/or confined or closed spaces
- Exposure to noise and heights
- Fast-paced environment
- On-call twenty-four hours per day, seven days a week to support the Distribution Center Operations
- Walking long distances; sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Work is performed under changing climatic conditions of extreme heat and cold
Dollar General Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit distribution-dollargeneral.icims.com.