Website Dayton Freight Lines
Trailer Technician/Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Altoona, IA, United States|
|Company||Dayton Freight Lines|
Dayton Freight Lines is a private, union-free LTL freight carrier. The Company consolidates freight from multiple shippers into a single truckload and provides high-quality regional LTL transportation services.
The company is searching for a Trailer Technician/Mechanic who will perform maintenance service in which the volume and quality of work are within the acceptably measured standards for Dayton Freight Lines.
- Not any special education revealed, yet may be required a High School Diploma
- The candidates should have previous work experience in the related field.
- Has a fundamental understanding of repairing and rebuilding components on 48ft. and 53ft. dry van trailers and can effectively repair the following components-
-Brake and air components
-Electrical, lighting, and wiring components
-Interior and floor components
-Landing gear assembly and components
-Rear frame and door components
-Side, nose, and roof components
-Suspension and running gear components
-Wheel components and tires
- Able to thoroughly perform Preventative Maintenance inspections and repairs
- Be a leading participant in the care and upkeep of the shop, the grounds, and all equipment and tools
- Consistently positive attitude, interacting courteously and professionally with fellow employees
- Maintains a clean, safe environment that complies with OSHA and company standards
- Maintains a high level of welding and metal fabrication skills
- Performs service calls
- Pro-actively assists, guides, and directs junior technicians
- Proficient in recording all work and labor on a computer in the EMS system
- Road tests vehicles to ensure quality repair services were performed.*Dependent upon having a CDL
- Washes and fuels equipment when necessary
- Works in compliance with EPA regulations as well as DOT and company safety requirements
- Works with the Parts Department to assure that all necessary materials, parts, service, and shop supplies are maintained at proper quantity levels
- Performs other maintenance duties or assignments when necessary
- Fluent in English
- Basic math skills
- Able to pass a drug screen
- 401(k) plan, Company Match
- Clean, late-model equipment
- Competitive weekly pay
- Comprehensive benefits package: Health, Dental, Vision, AD&D, etc.
- Modern facilities
- Paid holidays (8); paid vacation and personal days
- Professional, positive, and people-centered work environment
- Quality Hours
- Quick advancement
- Stable and growing organization
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
Dayton Freight Lines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers-daytonfreight.icims.com.