Website Interstate Companies
Truck Assembler Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||Marshfield, WI, United States|
Interstate Companies is an industrial distributor, assembler, truck dealer, maintenance, and repair provider. The company is a dynamic organization with five operating units – Interstate Assembly Systems, Interstate Bearing Systems, Interstate Industrial Systems, Interstate Power Systems, and I-State Truck Center.
The company is searching for a Truck Assembler who will fulfill a critical role in the operations to build, repair and maintain vocational trucks through assembly, mechanical, hydraulic, 12v electrical, and fabrication skills.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Candidates with work-related work experience will be a plus.
- Accurately read required measuring tools (tape measure, square, caliper, etc.)
- Follow installation procedures and established standards
- Industrial mechanic experience.
- Read blueprints, diagrams, hydraulic and electrical schematics, and instructions
- Knowledge of hydraulic hose, fittings, routing, and standard hydraulic plumbing practices
- Knowledge of hydraulic pressure setting and testing procedures
- Knowledge/experience related to 12-volt electrical systems and standard wiring practices.
- Knowledge of electrical system setup and testing
Fabrication/Welding Skills (begin at tier level 2)
- Knowledge of appropriate heat settings on welder for various metal thicknesses
- Tools and ability to clean weld spatter and welding slag
- Tools and knowledge to build things square and to the proper size per prints and diagrams
- Use of welding blankets to protect truck cab and windows
- Weld in various positions: flat, vertical, overhead, etc.
- Must be able to frequently lift or move items over 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move items over 75 pounds.
- Must be physically able to lift and work with no restrictions
- Use computers for work order system and web-based training
- 401(K) with company match
- A broad range of health (medical, dental, and vision) insurance options are available
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible paid time off and paid holidays
- Tools program
Interstate Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company encourages all qualified and interested persons to apply for this position by submitting a resume for consideration.
To apply for this job please visit istate.hrmdirect.com.