Truck Technician (Mechanic) Job Highlights
|Title||Truck Technician (Mechanic)|
|Location||Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States|
Wastequip is the leading manufacturer of waste-handling equipment. Wastequip’s broad range of waste equipment and services is used to collect, process, and transport recyclables, solid waste, liquid waste, and organics. The company’s brands include Wastequip, Toter, Galbreath, Pioneer, Accurate, Amrep, Mountain Tarp, Cusco, and Go to Parts.
The company is hiring a Truck Technician (Mechanic) to join its team for manufacturing needs.
- Applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- ASE Certification (preferred)
- Possess 1 year of truck or heavy equipment mechanic experience (required)
- 1 year of fabrication experience (preferred)
- 1 year of 12/24 volt electrical experience (required)
- 1 year of welding experience (preferred)
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. plus, bend, stoop, kneel, and climb ladders.
- Must be able to work closely with co-workers or other team members.
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluates service and parts options.
- Increase job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Looking for the right individuals that show integrity, in self and in their work.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Must have the ability to understand hydraulic and electrical schematics
- Waste collection equipment knowledge will be a large plus for this position
- Must have a valid Class B CDL and DOT medical card or willingness to obtain one within 90 days
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Health Care
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
Wastequip is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workforce. All qualified applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status, or any other class protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.