Website Johnson Controls
Utility Operator Job Highlights
|Location||Dothan, AL, United States|
Johnson Controls transforms the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, it drives the outcomes that matter most. The company is dedicated to protecting the environment, delivers promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers, and manufacturing.
The company is looking for a Utility Operator with a working knowledge of burn tables, rounds, weld, tack/seal, stock fittings, flanges, and spirals.
- The applicants should have a High School Education or Equivalent
- The candidates should have previous factory experience.
- Ability to identify and know how to work with different types of metals.
- Ability to use hand tools including a tape measure and calculate simple math.
- Assists in various departments as needed.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on a product when needed.
- Counts, weighs, and records the number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet as needed.
- Fabricate sheet metal per specific instructions by reading tags.
- Fabricating and welding ductwork
- Insulates and assembles product for delivery
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand when needed.
- Operate computer, spot welder, roll forming, Sciaky welder, swedging machine, hydraulic shear, hand brake, power tools.
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Rotate material.
- Transports materials to the next work station or to the shipping area.
- Uses sealant to properly seal product
- Other duties may be assigned
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to adhere to the delegation of authority and lead by instructions of management and supervision.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into standard units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and use a tape measure.
- Frequently exposed to vibration.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and talk or hear.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 200 pounds with the assistance of other employees.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- 401(k) savings plan and company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life insurance
- Medical/dental/vision insurance/health spending
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary benefits: ID Theft; Critical Illness, Pet Insurance, Legal Support
- Wellness Program
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit johnsoncontrols.referrals.selectminds.com.