Website Martin Marietta
Utility Person (Maintenance) Job Highlights
|Title||Utility Person – Maintenance|
|Location||Frederick, MD, United States|
Martin Marietta is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials. In particular, Martin Marietta supplies the resources for roads, sidewalks, and foundations.
The company is seeking a Utility Person who will safely repair and maintain plant industrial equipment. This could include conveyor systems, shakers, gearboxes, or other plant equipment.
May also be asked to maintain fixed plant equipment, and other mobile equipment as necessary.
This is a modified 1st shift position. Modified 1st shift begins at 3 am.
- The prospective applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The work experience is not mentioned by the Employer; yet preferred.
- Assist with training of co-workers as needed
- Completes daily pre and post-inspection of the working area
- Ensure a safe work environment for self and others at all times
- Maximizes performance of equipment by performing repairs and ensuring preventative maintenance is completed on a timely basis
- Participates in other tasks required by supervisor
- Performs fabrication, erection of processing equipment; repair to processing equipment and mobile equipment
- Prioritizes safety, then quality, followed by production
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all plant equipment often in out of position welding
- Will take an active role in the plant safety initiatives
- Able and willing to cross-train in different areas of production
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to use a wide variety of hand tools and power tools
- Able to work in the outdoor environment and in elevated areas
- Effective coordination and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Possess strong mechanical aptitude, knowledge, and skills
Martin Marietta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.