Website John Deere
Utility Vehicle Product Design Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Product Design Engineer – Utility Vehicle|
|Location||Horicon, WI, United States|
John Deere provides advanced products, technology, and services for customers whose work is revolutionizing agriculture and construction. Further, it helps those who cultivate, transform, harvest, enrich and build upon the land to meet the world’s increasing need for fuel, shelter, food, and infrastructure. Making sure there is enough food, fiber, and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world.
The company is seeking a Product Design Engineer (Utility Vehicle) to join its team for product engineering.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering/Technology from a university or college
- 2 or more years of experience in engineering product development or continuous improvement projects for Powersports or other off-highway mobile equipment manufacturing
- 2 or more years of design experience using CAD, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), and Product Data Management systems
- 2 or more years of experience or knowledge in the design development of two or more of the following: rotational molding, injection molding, vacuum forming, stampings, welding, and sheet metal
- 2 or more years of experience with vehicle product development programs, processes, and tools (SAP, PDMLink, etc.)
- Analyze assignments and determine engineering specifications that must be fulfilled for complex problems or projects of moderate scope
- Compile and furnish necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for the building prototypes and adoption of the design into production with the involvement of other functional engineers, supply management, or supplier personnel
- Facilitate or support the execution of the test and analysis plans for product verification and validation
- Produce design solutions to improve cost, quality, and performance-based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications, including the involvement of other functional engineers, supply management, or supplier personnel
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to facilitate and lead activities with internal stakeholders (e.g. Enterprise experts, factory operations, customer support, test personnel, etc.) and suppliers
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical skills, and ability to work independently as well as with others
- Possess good understanding and knowledge of the Enterprise Product Delivery Process
- 1 or more years of experience in using Deere business systems: SAP, Windchill, Creo, PartsAdvisor, NCCA, or RECON
- 1 or more years of experience working with colleagues in geographically and culturally diverse locations
- Personal or professional experience with vehicles in the Powersports industry
- The company offers comprehensive relocation and reward packages.
John Deere is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.deere.com.