Vane Welder Job Highlights
|Location||La Porte, TX, United States|
Sulzer is a global leader in fluid engineering. The company specializes in pumping, agitation, mixing, separation, and purification technologies for fluids of all types.
The company is looking for a Vane Welder who will help to take the Turbo Services to the next level.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess proper welding certifications (GTAW, SMAW, SAW, etc.)
- Work experience in the related field will be a plus
- Ability to use and operate overhead cranes, torches, grinders and forklifts
- Accurately follow welding instructions to provide quality welds within the appropriate approved methods
- Be able capable of reading all prints issued to welding department
- Be on the job site and in your assigned work area at the scheduled time
- Complete company required training programs
- Comply with the requirements of risk assessments and safety procedures
- Do not undertake activities that have not been risk assessed, or where an assessment is not available or understood
- Ensure the correct use of waste segregation facilities and the efficient use of natural resources and raw materials
- Keep work area clean and well organized during all phases of the project
- Maintain accurate time sheets on a daily basis
- Maintain LEAN objectives within the department
- Must follow the STS dress code and maintain a professional appearance at all times
- Must have the required tools to perform their expected tasks within 6 months of hire.
- Proactively engage and support company initiatives designed to promote a culture of safe working, environmental protection and continual improvement.
- Report any instances of spillage, uncontrolled exposure or other related safety issues to their line manager.
- Use PPE as identified in risk assessments or other related safety documents.
- Work closely and communicate clearly with the other departments, Weld personnel, Supervisor and Lead Man
- Knowledge and understand of turbo machinery repair and vane welding
- Must be able to use precision measuring instruments
- Must have or ability to acquire the required tools to perform their expected tasks within 6 months of hire
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) Days
- 401K with 6% company match
- Bonus Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability
Sulzer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.sulzer.com.