Website Air Products
Vehicle Mechanic Job Highlights
|Puyallup, WA, United States
Air Products is an industrial gas company with a focus on serving energy, the environment, and emerging markets. The company provides essential industrial gases, related equipment, and applications expertise to industries like refining, chemicals, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage.
The company is looking for a Vehicle Mechanic who will be responsible for the maintenance of company-owned tractors and tanker trailers.
Work with the Puyallup Distribution Manager.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-year Brake Certification
- 1-year FMCSA DOT Annual Inspection Training Certificate (a plus)
- 3-5 years of strong vehicle maintenance and repair experience with over-the-road Class 8 and Class B tractors and trailers
- Welding knowledge and experience (a plus)
- Gas and electrical welding experience (preferred)
- Diesel engine troubleshooting and repair experience (preferred)
- Strong mechanical background, with above-average computer experience/skills
- Diagnose and repair vehicle electrical, AC, and air brake components/systems
- Document/record repair work performed electronically on a computer-based vehicle maintenance system
- Participation in company safety, training, environmental, and improvement programs
- Perform electrical/electronic repairs on tractors and trailers
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections and repairs as necessary on over-the-road Class A, and Class B tractors, and tanker trailers
- Perform road repairs when necessary
Additional Job Responsibilities
- Assist plant operations maintenance
- Calibrate pump discharge meters
- Handle inventory for spare tires and fleet equipment parts
- Load trailers
- Manage fleet fuels and lubricants.
- Opportunity to learn and maintain state-of-the-art tractor
- Perform cryogenic maintenance to include repair/replacement valves, pumps, etc.
- Perform delivery operation environmental and safety tasks
- Wash fleet equipment
- Ability to drive Class A and Class B tractors (Preferred but not necessary.)
- Electrical troubleshooting skills on 12-volt DC circuits
- Energetic, highly motivated, and well organized, self-starter with a strong commitment to safety
- Solid work history
- Strong team player with the ability to work well with fellow mechanics/drivers/operations personnel
- Valid Class A CDL preferred but not necessary
- The company offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, and retirement plans.
- Be eligible for benefits and also be 100% vested in your retirement benefits on your first day of employment.
- Job position progression
- Company-supplied tools and toolbox
- Company-supplied uniforms and safety equipment
- On-the-job training for specialized cryogenic systems
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.