Website Smith Industries
Vessel Code Welder Job Highlights
|Title||Vessel Code Welder|
|Location||Midland, TX, United States|
Smith Industries provides pressure vessels and steel tanks for production facilities. Now, the company is able to support the innovative needs of upstream and midstream processing equipment. ASME Code Div. 1, API 12F and 12D Monogram, API Q1 Management System.
The company is seeking a Vessel Code Welder to join its team for pressure vessel fabrication.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Any AWS certificates will be a plus but not required
- Must meet all requirements of WI-017, Welding Operations
- Must pass a weld test
- The candidates should have 5 years of experience in the related field.
- GMAW and FCAW with 75/25 gas mixture.
- Must be able to pass a 6G welding test with a WPS based on ASME IX.
- Pressure vessel fabrication experience is required
- Responsible for the monitoring, qualification, and training of employees including standards, procedures, and work instructions.
- Fabrication of Code Vessels to ASME VIII Div. 1 and or to Smith Industries specifications
- Must follow all verbal and written instructions conveyed by the Vessel Production Manager regarding policy standards.
- Must have, and maintain, general working knowledge of API, ASME, Q1, and Smith Industries, LLC Policy requirements and the safety aspects of applicable industries.
- Must learn and follow all quality requirements in accordance with ASME and API policy standards.
- Able to read and understand blueprints
- Layout and build vessel
- Must be able to stand/walk 10 to 90% of the workday
- Occasional bending, squatting, ascending ladders/stairways
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 pounds
- Sit to perform normal office duties for 10 to 90% of the workday
Smith Industries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit smithindustriestx.apscareerportal.com.