Wastewater Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Colorado Springs, CO, United States|
Jacobs delivers impactful global solutions to create a more connected, sustainable world from intelligence to infrastructure, cybersecurity to space exploration.
The company is searching for a Wastewater Mechanic to join its collaborative team.
- The applicants should have a valid Certified Maintenance and Reliability Technician (CMRT) certification or the ability to obtain it within 3 years of the date of hire.
- 1 year of experience in the maintenance of wastewater treatment plants and related equipment, or similar maintenance experience
- Experience in serving municipal utility clients
- Forklift experience
- Safe work practices
- Perform a variety of tasks in the preventive and corrective maintenance of water/wastewater treatment plants and related facilities equipment on an assigned shift
- Contribute to the success of our program with efficient preventive maintenance and effective solutions to challenges that may arise in municipal facilities.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on buildings, structures, grounds, machinery, and equipment; lubricate equipment and check for malfunctions; replace packing in pumps or valves; replace bearings in motors, pumps, and other equipment; tune engines, set valve clearance, clean, and adjust regulators; examine equipment failures to identify the cause and to prevent recurrences, and install and sets up new equipment.
- Clean and paint interior and exterior equipment and buildings; lean out pipes and perform other plumbing and pipefitting tasks as required; use gas or arc welding equipment to heat, cut, braze, or weld; perform duties of a painter in their absence; assist in keeping maintenance records, and perform other duties as required.
- Take action to ensure the safety, health, and well-being of you and your team.
- A valid driver’s license with no major infractions
- Proficiency in the use of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Spend a substantial amount of time performing safety-sensitive labor or services. Due to the nature of the job passing a Fitness for Duty testing is required to ensure candidates for this position are physically and functionally fit to perform the essential physical work functions of this safety-sensitive position without posing a direct threat to the health or safety themselves or others.
- Perform the essential duties of this position include standing, walking, sitting, coordination, balance, and agility demands, which may include the ability to stoop, kneel, squat, grasp, reach, and perform repetitive hand movements.
- Additional demands may involve a specific level of dexterity, grip strength, climbing, and cardiorespiratory demands.
- The work areas may be indoor, or outdoor, have loud noise, active machinery, high-pressure fluid systems, electrical equipment, confined spaces, heights and depths, fumes, airborne particles, noxious gases, and chemicals.
- The use of appropriate safety equipment will be mandatory in these areas to prevent hazardous contact.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.jacobs.com.