Website Martinrea International
Weld Destruct (Cut/Etch) Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Weld Destruct (Cut/Etch) Technician|
|Location||Tuscaloosa, AL, United States|
Martinrea International is a diversified global automotive supplier, focused on accelerating innovation in metal forming, aluminum casting, fluid systems, and flexible assemblies to help automakers meet their lightweight requirements. At the same time, it improves a vehicle the overall strength, safety, and fuel efficiency.
The company is seeking a Weld Destruct (Cut/Etch) Technician who will perform destruct of parts to ensure quality tolerance is met.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Applicants working towards completion of Post-Secondary Education in Quality or Engineering will also be considered.
- Possess a minimum 2 years of quality assurance or quality inspection or practical related automotive manufacturing experience
- GMAW, plasma, and fabrication experience
- Weld lab, weld quality, or weld destruct experience
- Abide by all Company policies including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human Resources policies, and the Martinrea Employee Handbook
- Follow work instructions and routines to comply with IATF 16949 requirements
- Multi-task, handle stress, implement advice, avoid distractions, adapt to changes, and work well with others
- Operation of robotic weld machines
- Perform plasma cutting, grinding, and polishing
- Report defective material or questionable condition to the production department supervisor
- Use of gages and micrometers to inspect the quality of a part
- A basic understanding of the GMAW process and the Weld Lab/Destruct techniques used to evaluate it
- Ability to understand, monitor and maintain adherence to the non-conforming/containment Procedures/processes
- Able to logically think through problems and provide recommendations for solutions
- Able to use and understand inspection cards and fixtures, Understands and can demonstrate first-off procedures for all processes
- Basic knowledge of Metrology
- Computer, measuring instruments, communication devices, plasma cutter, air chisels, and other destructing tools
- Knowledge of IATF 16949; ISO 14001: 2015
- Understand tolerance requirements as seen on a print.
- Constant communication with employees, peers, and management.
- Frequent distractions and interruptions
- Multiple demands in a challenging and fast-paced- team orientated environment
- Noisy environment
- Office, Plant floor
- Overtime as required
- Travel as required
- Must use or wear Personal Protective Equipment and certain clothing as required by the Company
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company and plant rules, policies, and procedures
- The company offers Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Vacation, and Supplier Discounts
Martinrea International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit martinrea.prevueaps.com.