Website Fori Automation
Weld Engineer Job Highlights
|Function||Manufacturing, Engineering, Design|
|Location||Shelby, MI, United States|
Fori Automation is a global supplier of welding, trim, chassis, and final automotive assembly equipment for the automotive and non-automotive industries. The company offers a project team-oriented work environment in which our motivated employees thrive and excel to meet the challenges of the design and build of all our products.
The company is looking for a Weld Engineer who will be responsible for all aspects of welding within our corporate structure, and assistance to support and secure our customer’s production.
- The applicants should have Weld Engineering Degree from an accredited college/university.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience in the related field.
- Basic familiarity with robot programming
- Basic understanding of PLC logic programming as it relates to robotic welding systems
- Understand robot simulation as it relates to weld parameters
- Commission, test, and debug weld related activities at customer facilities when required
- Lead and enforce safe working practices throughout the plant(s) and customer sites
- Lead the “maturation” process per the job specifications including Cut and Etch and/or weld tear down activities
- Partner with Mechanical, Electrical, and Process Engineering.
- Prepare interim/finalized weld results from testing procedures to supply to the customer for buy-off
- Provide technical support for welding applications for our customers
- Responsibility to develop weld process sheets weld parameters, schedules, material call out, and weld ID within the Process Engineering Scope of Work
- Responsibility to understand customer weld specifications
- Responsibility to understand weld parameters as it relates to cycle time
- Support Program Management as it relates to schedule
- 401K + Match
- Bonus eligibility
- Laptop and Smart Phone
- Life Insurance
- Opportunity for career growth and advancement
- Salary competitive with industry
- Short Term Disability
- Possible 75% travel requirements
- US passport and travel capability to Canada
Fori Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.foriauto.com.