Website Petersen Incorporated
Weld Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Farr West, UT, United States|
Petersen is a state-of-the-art facility offering complete fabrication, advanced manufacturing, and machining services that are ideal for nuclear, petrochemical, aerospace, mining/industrial projects, equipment, and parts.
The company is looking for a Weld Engineer who will prepare, qualify and maintain welding procedures, procedure qualification records, and welder performance qualifications.
Monitors welding to assure proper and efficient operation.
- The applicants should possess a 4 years Welding Degree or equivalent technical field (High School diploma and 8 years of welding engineering experience may be considered equivalent.)
- The candidates should have 4 years of welding engineering-related experience in a fabrication environment working with codes, standards, and specifications, preparing procedures, and other quality-related documents such as inspection and NDE.
- Compile approved procedures and certifications and make them available in welding areas
- Compile procedures and certifications for customer approval
- Coordinate purchase of welding consumables with the appropriate purchasing personnel
- Coordinate qualification and consumable testing with internal and/or external sources as required
- Maintain welder continuity records
- Monitor welding operations to assure proper application of welding procedures and performance qualifications
- Review contract requirements and prepare any necessary welding procedures, procedure qualification records, and welder performance records
- Stay abreast with current technology, equipment/welding filler materials and implement improvements accordingly
- Train welding personnel as required for the proper execution of procedures/qualifications
- Troubleshoot welding problems
- Work with welding supervisors to assure that welding is being performed efficiently
- Assist in training visual welding inspectors
- Must be familiar with fabrication techniques and equipment.
- Must be proficient with a PC using database, spreadsheet, and word-processing software such as Access, Excel, and Word.
- Must have a working knowledge of the arc welding processes and weld quality must have a working knowledge of fabrication codes and standards such as ASME, ASTM, AWS, and MIL.
- Must know inspection and NDE processes.
- Must possess good writing and communication skills.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Primarily in the office but also involves working in typical fabrication/machine shop surroundings.
- Must be proactive and be able to evaluate quality conditions.
- Must be able to work diplomatically with employees and customers.
- Must be able to work in a fabrication and machine shop environment and be able to climb on parts and machinery to perform inspections and evaluate their conditions.
- Must be available and willing to work overtime as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in the employer’s sole discretion.
- Must be available and willing to travel as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- Personal Computer, Visual weld inspection equipment.
Petersen Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.