Website Linamar Corporation
Weld Engineer (Process Engineer) Job Highlights
|Title||Process Engineer (Weld Engineer)|
|Location||Arden, NC, United States|
Linamar Corporation is a diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products powering vehicles, motion, work, and lives. The company is made up of 2 operating segments i.e. the Transportation segment and the Industrial segment, all are world leaders in the design, development, and production of highly engineered products.
The company is looking for a Weld Engineer who will provide support in the design, fabrication, modification, and evaluation in support of manufacturing operations such as machining, metal forming, plastics processing, welding, and brazing, assembly, and material handling.
This position has a strong focus on welding.
The individual will report to the Engineering Manager.
- Applicants should have a University Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or equivalent
- Possess 1 to 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience using and maintaining welding equipment (hands-on welding is a plus)
- Knowledgeable of low and high-volume manufacturing methods (cycle time, quality control, efficiency, equipment selection, return on investment, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and CAD applications (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, and Catia are a plus)
- Assist in supplier equipment and assembly line capability studies
- Collaborate with technicians for correcting weld processes, creating scale drawings, preparing specifications, writing proposals, and developing plant maintenance schedules.
- Help in defining plant layout and ergonomic requirements.
- Lead the development of weld control and quality plans
- Manage standard costing modules and well as customer cost split-ups
- Participate in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Perform and evaluate non-destructive and destructive weld analyses
- Recognize and resolve tooling-related difficulties with existing and new projects while working with the manufacturing support staff.
- Responsible for welding and joining equipment through the project lifecycle
- Responsible for welding process improvement and cost-saving initiatives
- Select and implement welding equipment, fixtures, and tools for new programs.
- Work with customers for design for manufacturability
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to coordinate and integrate work within teams of various personnel to ensure success
- Advanced knowledge of automotive-related GD&T and standards
- Advanced knowledge of Friction Stir Welding and CMT/GMAW of aluminum alloys
- An advanced degree in welding engineering, material science, or related field
- Certified Welding Inspector – American Welding Society
- Direct experience in welding/joining related manufacturing, engineering, or research and development
- Previous experience with risk analysis and failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA)
- Previous work for Automotive OEM or Tier-X, specifically body-in-white or battery structures manufacturing
- Robot and PLC basic programming and troubleshooting (KUKA, ABB, Siemens preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of casting and extrusion parts as they relate to manufacturing
- Community-based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Social committees and sports teams
Linamar Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit fa-epmd-saasfaprod1.fa.ocs.oraclecloud.com.