Website Magna International
Weld Engineering Technologist Job Highlights
|Title||Weld Engineering Technologist|
|Location||St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada|
Magna International is one of the world’s largest automotive suppliers and is dedicated to delivering mobility solutions. The company’s competitive capabilities include body exteriors and structures, power and vision technologies, seating systems, and complete vehicle solutions.
The company is looking for a Weld Engineering Technologist who will be responsible and accountable for the welding process, inspecting/testing, troubleshooting, finding and fixing parameter audits, corrective action, process improvement, and training for all welding processes.
Ensures that the welding is done in accordance with customer weld specifications and the control plan using assigned equipment/machinery in any of the division’s welding departments.
- Minimum of a Weld Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering Technician diploma (2 years), with 2 years of practical welding experience.
- Weld Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering Technologist diploma (3 years) is preferred.
- Experience/working knowledge in robotic MIG and resistance welding
- Experience with destructive and non-destructive testing (NDT)
- Able to create clear and accurate documentation for control of weld parameters.
- Able to prepare accurate and concise customer reports, weld summaries, and charts for prioritization of corrective actions, and management review.
- Assists in control and management of all welding visual aids, weld maps, tip trays, etc.
- Complete shift report for the team regarding various issues with directions for the next shift.
- Initiate corrective action or containment with Quality Auditors for any non-compliance.
- Sound technical understanding of weld quality standards including weld appearance and weld location – GMAW, RW-S, RW-P.
- Takes lead on weld-related failures
- Understands and can apply customer (AIAG CQI-15) and internal weld specifications and standards.
- Understands and has the ability to complete correlation studies between destructive and non-destructive testing.
- Understands the content of weld inspection reports. Can retrieve/review data from the weld database
- Understands PPAP requirements.
- Validation of corrective action for the welding.
- Good mathematical, organizational, and communication skills
- Knowledge of Word 97/2000, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Skill gained by experience – over 4 months in a welding environment. Human relation skills and maturity of judgement
- Equipment – Various production equipment and machinery, various hand tools, etc.
- Software – MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Required to carry out routine, repetitive tasks under the shift direction of the Quality Lead Hands with technical direction from the Weld Engineering Coordinator.
- Demonstrate good organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Required to lift parts ranging from 0-40 lbs. and is exposed regularly to elements such as noise and temperature.
- Benefits – Medical and Dental Coverage. Plant-wide Incentive Program – based on a number of factors, all members of our team receive an Incentive Bonus if requirements are met. Magna Profit Sharing. Matched GRRSP. Company paid life insurance and AD&D coverage. Educational Assistance program. Work boot, safety glasses, and custom molded earplug allowances.
- Overtime after 40 hours per week.
- Vacation: 2 weeks of paid vacation (3 weeks after 3 years) + 3 Personal Paid Holidays (PPH)
- Weekly pay via direct deposit. Barbecues and Children’s Christmas Party.
- Roger’s cell phone plan is available to Presstran Team members.
Magna International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company hires on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.magna.com.