Weld Prep Mechanic (2nd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Weld Prep Mechanic (2nd Shift)|
|Location||Garden City, NY, United States|
Ametek is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. The company provides custom design and engineering services, to high-quality manufacturing standards, for the aircraft, engine, and industrial heat exchangers in the mobile, marine, avionics, space, and missile markets.
The company is looking for an individual who will handle the fabrication and assembly of sub-components for the completion of heat exchangers to drawing specifications.
- The applicants should have a High School Education or Equivalent.
- The candidates should have previous shop floor experience.
- Maintain workstation clean during the shift and ensure it is clean and organized for the next shift, following all 5S instructions
- Prepare any cores (IE straighten and soap testing) needed for use in the welding area
- Prepare any sub-components (IE cleaning) needed for use in the welding area.
- Review all welds for any obvious flaws (IE- Missing welds, Voids in welds, Excess weld rod, Extremely sloppy welds)
- Set up cores/sub-components in welding fixtures and preparing units for welding.
- Test any cores (certification required) in the leak tanks.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be able to read, write and converse in English
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and blueprints of parts
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Must have mathematics skills
- Use of calipers, height gauges, micrometers, squares, grinders, sanders, routers, band saws, drill presses, hydraulic presses, and other miscellaneous hand tools are required.
- Due to ITAR Restrictions, US Citizenship or US Lawful Permanent Resident status is required.
Ametek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.com.