Weld Support Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Weld Support Technician|
|Location||McGregor, TX, United States|
SpaceX manufactures, designs, and launches the world’s most advanced rockets and spacecraft. It aims to revolutionize space transportation, with the ultimate goal of making life multi-planetary.
Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The company is seeking a Weld Support Technician who requires skill in a specialized trade in order to complete welding requirements and operational needs.
The position is responsible for executing the activities of the weld support team (plasma programming/operating, saw, proof and clean pipe, material movements in and around the shop, and cross-training across these functions).
- The candidates should have 2+ years of experience with hand tools, band saws, or plasma torch in a construction, industrial or manufacturing environment
- Analyze engineering drawings and specifications to execute welding support operations where procedural information is unavailable
- Frequently communicate with engineers and other customers to resolve issues and meet demands
- Join in problem solving and collaboration of SpaceX tasks and assignments
- Make a continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly
- Obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits, or certifications as required
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Support welding projects by performing tasks such as plasma programming/operating, saw, proof, and clean pipe, material movements in and around the shop, cleaning, etc.
- Work with lead to complete the assignment/project, solve problems, meet deadlines, and review issues for consistent improvement
- 1+ years of experience with plasma table programming/operating
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments
- Experience in a high mix/low volume (job shop) manufacturing environment
- Experience working in a role supporting welding operations (prep – cut, clean, etc.)
- Knowledge in occupational hazards and effective safety precautions of the trade
- Knowledge in standard tools, materials, motions, and practices of the welding trade
- Knowledge of proof and clean operations
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in small openings, and climbing hand over hand
- Ability to work on ladders, lifts, and at elevated heights (up to 300 feet) with proper PPE
- Able to lift heavy objects up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Able to respond to emergencies to support priority projects, missions, and launches
- Able to work in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Able to work in extreme outdoor environments when needed – heat, cold, wind, rain, etc.
- Available to work extended hours and weekends as needed; flexibility is required
- Working conditions may be in tight quarters and physical dexterity is required
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.