Website American Honda Motor Company
Weldability Engineer Job Highlights
|Experience||6 months-2 Years|
|Location||Greensburg, IN, United States|
|Company||American Honda Motor Company|
American Honda Motor Company is a subsidiary of Honda Motor Company. The company combines product sales, service, and coordinating functions of Honda in North America.
The company is responsible for the distribution, marketing, and sales of Honda and Acura brand automobiles, Honda power sports products, including motorcycles, scooters, and all-terrain vehicles, and Honda power equipment products, including lawnmowers, tillers, string trimmers, snow blowers, generators, small-displacement general-purpose engines, and marine outboard engines.
The company is searching for a Weldability Engineer who will ensure white body structural integrity by establishing and leading systems to develop, implement and sustain joining processes, through New Model and Mass Production methods to achieve product specification.
Also ensuring continuous improvement of Safety, Environment, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Morale (SEQDCM) characteristics.
Moreover, developing and maintaining weld condition optimization for Resistance Spot Weld (RSW), Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) welds, Installing and maintaining new welding technology and equipment, and producing New Model quality documentation for weld specific information.
This position is in the IAP Weld Weldability group.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor of Science in Degree in Welding Engineering, Engineering Technology from a college/university or related major or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 6 months to 2 years of experience in Resistance Spot or MIG welding systems.
- Control, investigate and make proposals of specs for joining equipment needs (in the areas of new equipment, consumables, joining hardware, spare parts, preventative maintenance, and inspection technologies) and act as liaison to vendor(s) to optimize and standardize joining equipment.
- Create and maintain weld quality reporting and documentation for the department to manage daily production and compliance.
- Develop a thorough understanding and apply engineering standards, spec/drawing, and Honda quality systems and methods to hold accountability, prevent outflow, and ensure compliance.
- Develop and implement control strategies to ensure compliance of joining, formulated and sub materials, calibrated instruments, and documentation.
- Develop testing and procedures for quality verification and inspection to prevent shipment of nonconforming products.
- Lead and/or actively participate in department initiatives such as business plan, loss elimination, knowledge share/transfer, continuous improvement, and engagement.
- Maintain regular communication with other facilities, reduce duplicate workload, and collaborate on global joining activities.
- Make, update and revise training material for joining processes and conduct training to improve department skill level.
- Meet requirements of new model development and maturation (parameter development, destruct/countermeasure, quality standard sheets, drawing review, feasibility studies, and build support) to achieve milestone targets and smooth launch.
- Optimize usage of joining sub materials to reduce department operating expenses while maintaining product and manufacturing characteristics.
- Provide engineering technical knowledge to manage non-conforming product evaluation, execution, and containment to minimize impact to plant operations or customers.
- Ability to make and follow plans
- Advancement of technical skillset: resistance spot and MIG welding of advanced high strength steel and aluminum
- Basic ability to read a 2D drawing
- CAD Software use – Catia 3D, Resistance Spot Welding Analysis, knowledge of sealants and adhesives for joining materials, machining/fabrication skills, knowledge of Gauging.
- Improvement project planning and completion
- Management of problems and countermeasure effectiveness
- Microsoft Office (Excel/PowerPoint)
- PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) and Why-Why Analysis
- Setup and implementation of new model weldability documentation and training analysis
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- 40% office/40% production floor/20% meetings on average
- Ability to lift 20 pounds and operate vibrating hand tools
- Estimated 8-10 hours paid overtime per week (average)
- Travel 3-4 times per year or as business needs require
- Work weekends and various shifts as needed
American Honda Motor Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit hondana.taleo.net.