Website Rumpke Waste and Recycling
Welder 1 Job Highlights
|Location||Norwood, OH, United States|
|Company||Rumpke Waste & Recycling|
Rumpke Waste and Recycling provides environmentally friendly waste disposal and recycling solutions. Rumpke divisions include Rumpke Recycling, Rumpke Portable Restrooms, The William-Thomas Group, Rumpke Hydraulics, and Rumpke Haul-it-Away.
The company is hiring a Welder I to join its team.
- Applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- Possess 1 year of welding and cutting experience or participation in or graduation technical training program.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing a computer system.
- Fabricates steel components on containers.
- Grinds metal parts after welding.
- Installs lids and wheels on containers.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Company and OSHA standards.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by performing and communicating in a manner that promotes good relationships with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
- May assist in other projects or areas of the shop as needed.
- Paints repaired or new containers.
- Perform sanding, grinding, cutting, welding, and other fabrication or repair work on company containers, compactors, and other equipment in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Utilizes standard shop hand tools, measuring devices, and equipment.
- Welds steel using Mig and Arc welding equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good Driving record; able to meet Rumpke driving qualifications.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be able to produce satisfactory drug test and background check results
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have at least a valid driver’s license, CDL (preferred)
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Ability to operate a forklift safely.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, kneeling, climbing, and working in awkward positions and tight areas).
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, or holidays.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department, or line of business.
- Cutting torch skills; ability to use the plasma cutter.
- Excellent welding and mechanical aptitude.
- Familiarity with using a computer.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of MIG/ARC and stick welding.
- Knowledge of small shop tools.
- Must possess the necessary tools to perform assigned tasks.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions is possible.
- Exposure to noise, heat, dust, and fumes as found in a repair or fabrication facility.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste.
- 401(k) plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Employee Assistance Program for the benefit and protection of all eligible employees.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug coverage
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life
Rumpke Waste and Recycling is committed to equality in all aspects of employment. It is Rumpke’s policy to provide equal opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.rumpke.com.