Website Martin Sprocket & Gear
Welder 1 (2nd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Welder 1 – 2nd Shift|
|Location||Albemarle, NC, United States|
|Company||Martin Sprocket & Gear|
Martin Sprocket & Gear is a leading manufacturer of power transmission components, material handling products, industrial hand tools, and heavy-duty conveyor pulleys. The company is a progressive leader in the Power Transmission and Bulk Material Handling Industry, classified as an essential business.
The company is looking for a Welder who will be involved in the welding of metal parts and operating industrial machine tools to complete customer orders for a dynamic product line supporting various applications in industries such as agriculture, industrial conveyor systems, and power transmission.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- MIG welding experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent schooling is preferred
- Experience with grinding tools and machines is preferred
- Check and inspect operation against predetermined tolerances.
- Inspect welds throughout the process and use grinding tools when necessary
- Maintain machine and work area in a clean and safe manner.
- Maneuver large, awkward, or heavy parts manually or with a crane.
- Work from process sheets, blueprints, or other written/verbal instructions given by the supervisor to perform production tasks.
- Weld metal parts using a MIG welding process
- Work in other areas or departments as assigned.
- Ability to work effectively with others and be a team player
- Able to consistently stand for an entire shift
- General mechanical knowledge is a plus
- Physically able to handle heavy items including lifting, pushing, pulling, and positioning components
- Simple oral communication skills; ability to read and comprehend instructions written in English and complete simple logs and reports in English
- Work scheduled hours and comply with the company’s timekeeping policy and all other company policies
- 401k Profit Trust Plan
- Affordable Medical, Pharmacy, and Dental
- Competitive Pay
- Growth Opportunities
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Opportunity for a Safety and Reliability Bonus
- PTO (Paid Time off)
- Shift Differentials – 2nd Shift/3rd Shift
Martin Sprocket & Gear is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.