Website Eastern Shipbuilding Group
Welder 1/C Job Highlights
|Location||Panama City, FL, United States|
|Company||Eastern Shipbuilding Group|
Eastern Shipbuilding Group (ESG) is a leading innovator in marine construction and repair. The company builds world-class vessels for national defense and commercial clients, including the USCG’s Heritage Class Offshore Patrol Cutters.
The company is seeking a Welder 1/C who will lay out, fit, and weld fabricated, cast, and forged components to assemble structural forms such as machinery frames, tanks, pressure vessels, furnace shells, and building and bridge parts according to specifications.
Select equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding
Work with other crafts as instructed by supervision
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess 1 to 3 years of experience as a flux core arc welder (desired)
- Requires working knowledge of materials, methods, and the appropriate work processes and techniques for fitting and welding steel and other materials.
- Requires knowledge of ship terminology, welding symbols, safety, OSHA, and ABS regulations.
- Requires experience and knowledge of gouging, mirror welding, MIG, and Stick welding; experience with carbon, stainless steel, and aluminum welding.
- Must pass ABS American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) welding tests to be ABS Certified.
- Comply with Company, federal, state, and local safety, ethics, and environmental rules, regulations, and policies while performing duties
- Examine weld for bead size and other specifications
- Fit, tack, and weld component parts in position, and examine welds for adherence to specifications
- Inspect grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using a micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemble according to specifications
- Monitor working environment for compliance with quality, safety, environmental, and health regulations
- Produce high-quality welds, including water-tight penetrations with a variety of materials including weld steel, stainless, and aluminum
- Regular attendance at work and the ability to work flexible hours, including overtime, weekends, and holidays
- Set up equipment and weld parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc, or gas welding equipment
- Weld components in the flat, horizontal, vertical, and overhead positions
- Work with minimal supervision
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors and employees
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to read and comprehend written, oral, or diagram forms or plans
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Knowledge of the safe operation and use of hand and power tools
- Company-paid health, dental, and life insurance
- Other benefits include vision, disability, accident, cancer, and life insurance, pre-paid legal, paid vacation, and holiday pay
Eastern Shipbuilding Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit easternshipbuilding.hua.hrsmart.com.