Website Elliott Group (Ebara Corporation)
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Plaquemine, LA, United States|
|Company||Elliott Group (Ebara Corporation)|
Elliott Group designs, manufactures, and services critical turbomachinery. The products list includes centrifugal and axial compressors, power recovery expanders, steam turbines, and lubrication, and other auxiliary systems for rotating equipment.
The company needs a welder to perform complex plan layouts and perform unusual welding operations in a safe and timely manner to meet customer needs. The position is responsible for all welding to take place in the service center that includes YR casings, YR steam chests, Multistage Turbine repairs, Compressor repairs, Pump repairs, and shop fixtures/tooling. Welding processes include GTAW, GMAW, and SMAW.
- The prospective applicant should have passed a High school Diploma or GED or Equivalent qualification from a welding school.
- Outside certifications are a plus, 1018 steel, cast steel, will take an Elliott welding test, will be trained on other areas.
- The candidates should have 3-5 years of experience in welding.
- Experience should include MIG, TIG, stick welding (iron and steel) (Elliott welds cast steel, 4140, 4130, cast iron, stainless steel, 300 series, 400 series, super duplex stainless steel, Inconel)
- Experience working in a mechanical shop is desired
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities.
- Flexible and responsive with a strong teamwork orientation.
- Conducts in a professional manner at all times when working with internal and external customers.
- Evaluate experimental procedures and recommend changes or modifications for efficiency and adaptability to setup and production.
- Helps train other employees in the functions and processes in the department.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Helps train other hourly employees in weld processes and procedures.
- Promotes safety and quality at all times.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Positive attitude and display of leadership.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in company-provided educational material, training, and reading technical publications.
- Uses appropriate equipment, tooling, drawings, work scopes, procedures, specifications, and documentation to perform the primary function.
- Ability to gain Elliott certification in weld processes such as TIG, MIG, submerged arc, and heliarc welding.
- Has the ability to plan and oversee work with very minimal supervision or feedback.
- Ability to perform stress relieving and non-destructive testing to Elliott specifications.
- Must have strong knowledge and background of welding and fabrication concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to read and comprehend drawings, sketches, work scopes, and verbal instructions.
- Able to understand and process documentation associated with turbomachinery such as inspection reports, photo logs, and hold tags.
- Advanced knowledge and accuracy in using required measuring devices.
- Able to perform diaphragm weld repairs, both Inconel and stainless steel. Includes partitions, split-lines, sidewalls, seal faces and fits, set-backs, ledge blocks, crush pins, and any other required on both ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
- Advance knowledge of lifting, rigging, crane, forklift operations, cut-off saws, heating/cutting torches, plasma cutting, steam cleaners, power hand tools such as drills, grinders, and other necessary equipment as needed.
Elliott is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the federal, state or local laws of the United States.
To apply for this job please visit internal-elliott.icims.com.