Website White Cap
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Fryeburg, ME, United States|
White Cap is a leading distributor of specialty hardware, tools, and materials for large and medium-sized contractors. The extensive inventory, combined with will-call, site delivery, and direct-ship options, enables us to deliver the products customers need when and where they need them.
The company is seeking a Welder who will contribute to the manufacturing of Fire Protection pipe fabrication to NFPA standards.
- The applicants must have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 0 to 2 years of experience in the area of responsibility.
- Analyzes all welds to ensure they are free of porosity and discontinuities.
- Ensures all welds are visibly stamped or identified with markings to designate that welds were performed by a certified welder.
- Hand welds various fittings to different sizes of pipes and welding joints.
- Interprets application job sheets and various sizes of welding fittings.
- Reviews the order ticket and determines the work to be performed meets the customer’s specifications.
- Sorts piping per job and sorts line numbers per fabrication job.
- Verifies the final product meets quality control standards.
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from the supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- 401(k) w/ Company Match
- Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance
- Commuter Benefits
- Critical Illness, Accident & Whole Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Care and Dependent Care FSA (as applicable)
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Medical (w/ prescription drug coverage), dental, and vision plans
- Paid Holiday, Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Wellness Day
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
White Cap is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status, or any factor prohibited by law.
To apply for this job please visit whitecap.jobs.