Website Boyd Corporation
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Niagara Falls, NY, United States|
Boyd Corporation is a leading solution company. It is a world-leading innovator of technologies in material science, engineered material, and thermal management that seal, protect, interface, and cool our customers’ most critical applications. The company design and manufacture advanced engineered materials and thermal management solutions.
The company is seeking a Welder to join its team for various manufacturing activities.
- The applicants should have a High School or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or Technical School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 3+ years of related experience or training
- Ensure the work area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Inspect and record quality requirements of finished workpieces.
- Knowledge, understanding, and compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Operate Manual Welder to TIG weld components safely according to specifications (aluminum, stainless steel, cast, and cupronickel).
- Participate in cross-training throughout the manufacturing facility. Depending upon company need, you may be posted in alternate work assignments.
- Perform tack-weld functions to join metal workpieces at specified distances.
- Understand and execute verbal instructions from Manufacturing leadership regarding job orders to determine product specifications.
- Use all safety devices/tools to ensure the safe operation of welding processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to be cross-trained throughout the manufacturing facility.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw and apply valid conclusions.
- Ability to read and work to set tolerances and work from blueprints.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehends simple instructions and/or correspondence.
- Ability to set up and operate a welding machine.
- Ability to successfully pass a weld test.
- Ability to work any shift (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) and weekends when needed.
- Ability to work in a team fostered environment.
- Basic mathematical skills are required to set up and operate the welding process.
- Mechanically inclined and possess a strong degree of attention to detail.
- Proficient in the accurate use of micrometers, calipers, and other measuring tools.
- Vacation and Time off
- Savings and Retirement
- Health Care Benefits
- Employee Development
Boyd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit boydcorp.jibeapply.com.