Website Howmet Aerospace
Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Dover, NJ, United States|
Howmet Aerospace provides advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company’s primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems, titanium structural parts necessary for mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and defense applications, and forged wheels for commercial transportation.
The company is looking for a Welder who will weld repair castings by manual tungsten inert gas (TIG) method to customer specifications.
Weld repair various items for other departments as needed.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- The candidates should have 2 years of welding experience
- A welder will need to be certified prior to any production welding
- Up to 12 months on the job training required for satisfactory job proficiency
- Vision requirements
- Advises supervisor, process, and product engineering of difficulties or problems encountered in weld repair procedures.
- Aids in maintaining inventory of weld wire and other miscellaneous welding materials and supplies.
- Assist in training new welders to meet certification requirements.
- Maintains production records and maps or any other records which may be required.
- May attend engineering and/or department meetings as requested.
- May be asked to finish castings in other departments such as, but not limited to, metal or FPI
- May inspect repaired casting for adherence to quality standards.
- Performs all of the duties of a welder as well as the more difficult welding repairs requiring greater skill and experience.
- Reviews proper SPI and OIS. Determines and executes allowable weld repair using the most suitable method and assists in devising new methods that were allowed by the specification.
- Routes out defects and/or blends weld repair areas using florescent penetrant, blacklight, degreaser, wire brushes, stones, burrs, air guns, belt machines, grinders, and any other metal removing equipment.
- Frequent lifting of up to 25 pounds or greater using lifting devices
- Attend all EHS training.
- Comply with all departments, facility, corporate, and regulatory EHS regulations.
- Expected to assist in the implementation of EHS Values and policy statements and accompanying principles.
- Report all job-related illnesses and injuries (Per Employee Handbook).
- Report all safety, health, and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’)
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates residing within 50 miles radius of Dover NJ will only be considered.
Howmet Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit aa176.taleo.net.