Website Hastings Irrigation Pipe Company
Welder Job Highlights
|Welder (1st shift)
|Freeman, SD, United States
|Hastings Irrigation Pipe Company
Hastings Irrigation manufactures, designs, and distributes light metal products for industries like agricultural, construction, architectural, energy/oil, electronic communication, marine/boating, and meteorological systems,
Hastings Irrigation Pipe Company is a member of The Irrigation Association.
The company needs a welder who can weld metal components together with a variety of arc and gas welding equipment to fabricate or repair products as specified by layout, welding diagram, or blueprint.
Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
Note: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- The prospective candidates should have passed a High School Diploma, General Education Degree (GED), or Post-Secondary Education from a welding school, college, or tech center.
- The candidates should have at least one year of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Conserves organizational resources.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ensures attendance and punctuality by being at work on time and ensures responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Follows all policies and procedures as established by the company.
- Follows the direction and instruction of the management team.
- Listens and gets clarification; expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; able to read and interpret written information.
- Meets productivity standards.
- Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Offers assistance and support to co-workers.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic geometry.
- Ability to calculate figures, proportions, area, circumference, and read a tape measure and protractor.
- Ability to complete required paperwork.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos,
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Regularly required to use hands to perform various job duties; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand and sit.
- Occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds regularly, up to 25 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Specific vision abilities include close and distance visions, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration.
- The noise level is usually loud.
Hastings Irrigation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.hastingsirrigation.com.