Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Evansville, WY, United States|
Komatsu Construction is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
The company is seeking a Welder who will work in a shop or field service environment under the direction of a Lead or Supervisor.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus.
- The candidates should have 3+ years of experience with numerous welding and cutting applications including carbon arc gouging and SMAW and FCAW welding electrodes.
- Assess equipment repair needs and develop repair processes.
- Certified 1/16” 3G
- Certified 1/16” 4G
- Certified 3/32” 1G
- Lay out and perform complex repairs with a high level of accuracy and quality.
- Minimize loss/spoilage of raw or in-process materials.
- Moderate physical demand, continuous lifting or moving lightweight to moderate weight materials, and working in difficult work positions.
- Perform a variety of welding and cutting applications (including air arcing)
- Primary focus on a safe work environment and employing safe work practices on a consistent basis.
- Proficient at Carbon Arc Gouging
- Proficient with Oxy/Fuel Torch
- Troubleshoot, maintain and perform minor repairs to most assigned tooling; wire feeders, and welding machines.
- Understand Weld Symbols
- Work efficiently and productively at all times to maintain a billable rate according to department and company objectives.
- Work in a diverse team environment.
- Ability to analyze and update reports, forms, records, and comparable methods of data collection/communication tools.
- Ability to apply advanced trades mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals, and fractions). Simple use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules, wiring diagrams.
- Ability to interpret complicated drawings, blueprints, specifications, charts, tables, and handbook formulas.
- Current MSHA, valid driver’s license, and able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical job requirements.
- Experience with a variety of SMAW and FCAW welding electrodes.
- Experience with carbon arc gouging.
- Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule to include day shift, night shift, weekend, and holiday assignments as well as day and overnight travel.
- Must be able to pass a weld certification according to Komatsu Quality standards.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit komatsu.jobs.